H-E-B Donation Policy And Guidelines
At H‑E‑B our Spirit of Giving is a tradition that spans more than a century. We’re happy to invest in our communities, because we’re from here too.
Learn more about the H‑E‑B Donation Policy and how you can gain support for your organization.
H‑E‑B Donation Policies and Guidelines
- All donation requests must be submitted through our online application system.
- Organizations must have a valid non-profit status.
- Requests need to be received a minimum of 8 weeks before events, programs, activities, initiatives or projects begin.
- Donation requests must include all the information requested on the application.
- All organizations must re-apply for funds every year within our 8 week policy to be considered for funding – even if we have a long history of funding the organization.
- When an organization requests an in-kind donation, such as one of our trucks, the same eight week policy rule applies.
- If a store receives a request that they are not able to provide funds for, they will send the organization to the on-line application site.
- If an organization submits a request less than eight weeks in advance, it is not likely that they will receive funding.
- Organizations may not ask more than one H‑E‑B facility for a donation for a particular event (for example, sending a request to multiple H‑E‑B stores).
- Funding approvals will be given to the non-profit through a written or verbal agreement.
What does H‑E‑B like to support?
The H‑E‑B Community Investment Program donates to non‑profit organizations that operate within the immediate H‑E‑B marketing area. H‑E‑B favors making donations for activities, programs, projects, initiatives and events that make a visible and positive impact in the communities that we serve.
H‑E‑B may contribute cash, gift cards, product (in‑kind donations) or volunteers depending on the need to organizations whose requests are approved. Causes we like to fund include:
- Education and Literacy
- Hunger Relief
- Health Initiatives
- Social Services
- Environmental Programs
- Disaster Relief
- The Arts
What is not funded through the H‑E‑B Donation System?
The following are events that H‑E‑B prefers not to sponsor:
- Operating Expenses
- School trips
- Sporting events
- Team Sponsorships
More Questions? See our online application Frequently Asked Questions.
Or you can contact your local Public Affairs Office.