Excellence in Education Awards
Created in 2002, the H‑E‑B Excellence in Education Awards are designed to honor outstanding public school professionals and to thank them for their dedication and commitment. Since its launch, the effort has awarded more than $11 million to deserving educators. Through this program, H‑E‑B seeks to pay tribute to those educators who go the extra mile each and every day to serve their students and their communities and who inspire others to do the same.
DEADLINE TO NOMINATE: OCT. 21, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DEC. 9, 2019
See 2018 WinnersAward Winners
Congratulations to all our statewide finalists and winners of the H‑E‑B Excellence in Education Awards!
- We announced the 2020 Winners via a state-wide video call. Watch the full awards ceremony on the EIE Facebook page: Click here to watch.
Apply As A Teacher (PDF)Teacher Award
This honor is designed to recognize teachers and is based on the following criteria:
- Passion and commitment to the teaching profession
- Innovation and creativity in the classroom
- Professional growth and development
Apply As A Principal (PDF)Principal Award
This honor is designed to recognize principals and is based on the following criteria:
- Leadership and Campus Culture
- Instructional Leadership and Management
- Communication and Community Relations
Apply As A District (PDF)District Award
This honor is designed to recognize school districts and is based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to student achievement through innovative programs
- Parent/Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators
Apply As A Board (PDF)School Board/Leadership Award
This honor is designed to recognize school boards that have demonstrated real leadership in the community that it serves based on three basic criteria:
- Academic/student progress within the district
- Identification of community needs and specific actions taken based on those needs
- New and creative methods for community engagement
Apply As A School (PDF)Early Childhood Award
The Early Childhood Award is designed to support public or private schools that focus on the care and education of children under the age of five. The purpose of the award is to offer support to help create or enhance Kinder Readiness programs that prepare children to enter Kindergarten socially and academically ready to learn.