H-E-B’s reinvestment in the Bellaire community has gone vertical. H-E-B Bellaire Market, the retailer’s first Houston-area multi-level store located at 5106 Bissonnet Street, will open Wednesday, June 27 at 6 a.m. where one of its original H-E-B Pantry stores once stood. The brand new, 78,000 sq.-ft. store more than doubles the size of the original location and features two levels of shopping options, expanded and covered parking in the first-floor garage, and is equipped with elevators and escalators to easily navigate between the store and garage.
“We have been a part of the Bellaire community for more than 24 years and are committed to our loyal customer following,” said Armando Perez, Senior Vice President, H-E-B Houston. “While the Bellaire store will offer an enhanced in-store experience with the highest standard of service and selection, we are also always looking for ways to be innovative and connect with our customers on a new level.”
THIS STORE HAS MORE – AN ARTFUL EXPERIENCE
“H-E-B has succeeded with innovative shopping and progressive in-store experiences for years and we felt it was time to take it up a notch,” said Perez. H-E-B Bellaire Market will kick-off the company’s arts initiative with a permanent interactive light installation called Blue by You, by Texas artist Ansen Seale. As shoppers move in the space, the piece – composed of acrylic, LED lights and aluminum – responds by changing color, leaving a trail behind the moving person. “My intention is the viewer becomes the creator, riding a self-generated wave of color to and from an everyday experience,” said Seale. Moving forward in all Houston multi-level stores, the company will commission an artist to create a custom, site-specific installation, adding an engaging element to each neighborhood’s H-E-B.
ENGAGING FOOD CONVENIENCES
Each customer’s priority is our priority, allowing you to shop any way you want. Whether it’s an in-store experience, ordering online and picking up, or grabbing a meal on the go – H-E-B Bellaire Market has it all.
H-E-B Bellaire Market will offer the full line of its popular H-E-B Meal Simple heat and eat options. Created with the highest quality ingredients, these family favorites are fresh, convenient and easy for streamlining a home-cooked meal. With more than 200 options that range from Chicken Tortilla Soup and Simple Garlic Pesto Atlantic Salmon with Asparagus, to the Beef and Broccoli with Jasmine Rice Meal Kit, each dish is packed with flavor and can be ready in minutes.
H-E-B’s Curbside, is a favorite throughout Houston and is designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store. Simply create your grocery list, submit your order and pay at heb.com.
H-E-B’s personal shoppers will hand pick all grocery selections and deliver to you curbside at your scheduled pick up time – they’ll even load your car. Prefer Home Delivery? We have that covered too.
THE LOCAL RESOURCE FOR HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES
“We have updated and upgraded the store, but we are still committed to providing healthy food choices, specialty items tailored to Bellaire’s needs and the extraordinary customer service that you have come to expect,” added Hugh Sintic, H-E-B Bellaire Market General Manager.
In addition to an unrivaled selection of Kosher items – from fresh meats to dry goods, as well as dairy and pareve breads – H-E-B Bellaire Market will serve as a quality living source that supports healthy eating on a budget. The store will feature hundreds of H-E-B Organics options and its new H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
Across this expansive store – from local produce to the fresh meat market to the freezer section – shoppers will find more offerings for less, and unsurpassed freshness, quality and variety.
NEW TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Expanding the store means expanding the offerings. With more than 40,000 options it may seem like the choices are endless. Highlights include:
- Largest assortment of Texas-made products – We take local seriously and are in constant search of the most flavorful and truly unique products made in the Lone Star State adding more Texas and more taste than ever before to store shelves
- Prime Case Butcher Shop offering USDA Prime, Natural, and Organic meats, 21-day dry age beef or the option for custom age, as well as many fully cooked and kosher selections
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department with bulk foods including honey, nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes, a wide variety of supplements and more
- A full-service Pharmacy on the first floor with drive through access
- Full-service Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, fresh sushi and poke bowls handmade in-store daily by Sushiya
- The Wine and Beer Selection features more than 1,800 bottles of wine (sampling in store!) and 300 beers with an emphasis on Texas craft and hyper local craft (with four kegs on tap to try before you buy!)
- Guests can also seek assistance by the dedicated wine manager on duty for the perfect pairing
- Impressive full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortillería highlights a wide selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily, fresh tortillas, large varieties of decadent desserts, pastries and custom cakes
- H-E-B Floral is ready to adorn any size gathering from intimate dinners to family celebrations, remembrances or simply for those just-because moments – with delivery options
- Cooking Connection and the Showtime Kitchen feature live demonstrations and daily samplings using quick and easy recipes that can be replicated at home
- Made in-store palate quenchers, including fresh squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none – provided by 340 H-E-B Partners (employees) including many from the original pantry store and the former Braeswood and Chimney Rock store (now closed)
- Following the grand opening, H-E-B will introduce The Roastery, a Four J Foods coffee shop and eatery located on the second floor of the property with a separate entrance for easy access on your way in or out. This soon-to-be-open hot spot will feature indoor and outdoor seating and plenty of charm for a friendly visit, informal meeting, grabbing a cup on the go, and more.
SPIRIT OF GIVING
H-E-B is passionately committed to its customers beyond the four walls of its stores, weaving an undeniable Spirit of Giving into its business philosophy. In this spirit, H-E-B is proud to announce two community donations totaling $10,000 in honor of the store’s grand opening. The Hana and Arthur Ginzbarg Nature Discovery Center was established to ignite life-long curiosity, understanding, and respect for nature through education and will receive $5,000. A second gift of $5,000 will go to Undies for Everyone. Undies for Everyone enhances the self-esteem, dignity, hygiene and success of disadvantaged students by providing them underwear throughout Houston and beyond.