Favor, the Texas-based on-demand delivery service that was acquired by H-E-B in 2018, announced its entire Runner community of over 80,000 contract delivery drivers are now automatically provided commercial automotive liability insurance coverage during every active delivery with Favor, at no cost to Runners.
“This insurance immediately provides Runners with additional protection for every Favor delivery,” said Steven Pho, Favor president. “We designed this coverage without any hurdles for the Runner — no required signup or enrollment period, or any fees, premiums or copays. Every delivery is now automatically covered on the Favor platform.”
Favor now provides its Runners with primary auto liability along with contingent collision coverage while on an active delivery for Favor. Built to give Runners peace of mind while operating on the Favor platform, Favor’s auto insurance policy steps in to provide commercial liability protection to Runners when an accident occurs on an active Favor. The new policy also provides assistance for damages to a Runner’s vehicle during an active Favor, in excess of coverage provided by a Runner’s personal auto insurance.
This new coverage further expands the company’s growing resources, tools and support for Runners, which includes:
- Access to simple, affordable health, dental, vision, and life insurance via Favor’s partnership with Stride, the leading benefits platform for gig and independent workers. Through this partnership, Runners have free access to Stride’s benefits platform, including:
- Personalized health insurance plan recommendations in 10 minutes or less
- Year-round support to help Runners navigate their health plans and understand how to save money on health care
- Affordable dental and vision insurance plans
- A free expense-tracking app to help maximize tax deductions and lower caregivers’ tax bills
- Exclusive year-round discounts on oil changes, routine vehicle maintenance, new tires, electronic device repairs and other services via statewide partnerships with Jiffy Lube, Discount Tire, Cell Phone Repair and more.
- Further investment in Favor’s Runner Clubhouses, its dedicated community spaces for Runners that provide easy access to in-person support, ample lounge space to relax and engage with fellow Runners, cell phone charging stations and more. Since debuting its first Runner Clubhouse in Austin in 2017, Favor has relocated its Austin Clubhouse to a new, larger space to accommodate growth (August 2019), as well as established Runner Clubhouses in Dallas (May 2018) and Houston (November 2019), with a San Antonio location coming soon in 2020.
“This is a huge milestone in strengthening our support for Runners across Texas,” said Pho. “We are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience for our Runners, and providing them with a sense of security while delivering with Favor is an essential component of that.”
Favor currently operates in over 130 Texas cities and is actively seeking Runners across all of its markets, including Abilene, Austin, Beaumont-Port Arthur, Bryan-College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, El Paso, Houston, Killeen-Temple, Kyle-Buda, Laredo, Midland-Odessa, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, Victoria, Waco and more.
Texans interested in becoming a Runner can visit apply.favordelivery.com.
Media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.