H-E-B officially opened the highly anticipated H-E-B MacGregor Market on Dec. 18. Located at the intersection of N. MacGregor Way and SH 288. The new, 90,000 sq. ft., store features expansive shopping options and added services for convenience, quality selection and unsurpassed freshness.
“This H-E-B store has been in the making for some time now, and we are thrilled to put our roots down on this historic corner of Houston,” said Winell Herron, H-E-B Group VP for Public Affairs, Diversity and Environmental Affairs. “Thanks to the diligent work of the City of Houston, the Houston Housing Finance Corporation (HHFC), community supporters and our H-E-B team, we are honored to be an even bigger and better part of this neighborhood.”
H-E-B sought to serve this community with eyes on the present location since 2015 and broke ground in February 2019.
Anika Wiley, a 22-year H-E-B veteran, will lead the store team that includes Jason Holsinger, Center Store Leader; Isaac Williams, Perishable Leader; and over 435 H-E-B Partners (employees). Wiley began her H-E-B career as a deli clerk in Austin. While rising through the ranks in various management positions, including her most recent post as Top Store Leader for H-E-B Beaumont 6, she gained an uncompromising strength for perpetuating H-E-B’s enduring customer and community service. When not managing top-performing stores or spending time with her husband, Eric and son, Miles, Wiley serves as a mentor to local students.
“I’m humbled to serve our community with a state-of-the-art store,” says Anika. “We look forward to providing an outstanding shopping experience with the best H-E-B has to offer.”
Preserving MacGregor Market Wetlands
Located just off the banks of Braes Bayou, H-E-B MacGregor Market is home to an active and protected wetland. Throughout construction the team has made it a priority to preserve and enhance the natural habitat that borders the property along MacGregor Way. Visitors will enjoy sightings of Cooper’s Hawks, Yellow Crowned Night Herons, Red Mulberry trees and the American Tree Frog to name a few, all in the center of the country’s fourth largest city.
Engaging Food Conveniences
H-E-B is always looking for innovative and convenient ways to enhance our stores with more choices, enabling you to choose how you shop, pay for and receive products. Whether it’s an in-store experience, picking up an online order, home delivery or grabbing a meal on the go – the H-E-B MacGregor Market has it all.
H-E-B MacGregor Market will offer the company’s largest selection of its popular H-E-B Meal Simple heat and eat options. Created with the highest quality ingredients, these family favorites are fresh, convenient, packed with flavor and ready to serve in minutes. With a range of options from grab and go salads to casseroles and entrees, a restaurant quality meal without the high cost of going out is at your fingertips.
H-E-B’s Curbside Pick-Up is a favorite throughout Houston and is designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store. Simply create your grocery list, submit your order and pay at heb.com. H-E-B’s personal shoppers will hand pick all grocery selections and deliver to your car curbside at your scheduled pick up time – they’ll even load your car. Prefer home delivery? We have that covered too with H-E-B Delivery and through partnerships with Favor, Shipt and Instacart. You can also order and ship grocery, drugstore and general merchandise products to 48 states and military bases worldwide through heb.com.
There’s an app for that – for those who prefer to order and shop from their mobile devices, H-E-B recently launched the new My H-E-B mobile app that allows customers to order groceries for Curbside and Home Delivery, or help shoppers locate items throughout the store.
The Local Resource for Healthy Food Choices
MacGregor Market will serve as a quality living source that supports healthy eating on a budget. The store will have 1,500 H-E-B Organics options and its H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors. Across this expansive store – from local produce to the fresh meat market to the freezer section – shoppers will find more offerings for less, and unsurpassed freshness, quality and variety.
New to the Neighborhood
Expanding the store means expanding the offerings. With more than 50,000 options it may seem like the choices are endless. Highlights include:
- Largest assortment of Texas-made products – We take local seriously and are in constant search of the most flavorful and truly unique products made in the Lone Star State adding more Texas and more taste than ever before to store shelves.
- Cooking Connection and the Showtime Kitchen feature live demonstrations and daily samplings using quick and easy recipes that can be replicated at home.
- Our Fresh Meat Market features natural and prime cuts of meat in addition to a wide assortment of seasoned meats…ready for the grill! Meatless options, too!
- A full-service Delicatessen offering fresh sliced meats and cheeses plus party trays made-to-order.
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department with bulk foods including honey, nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes, a wide variety of supplements and more.
- Our large selection of gluten-free products is sure to please.
- A full-service Pharmacy with drive-thru offers prescription refills, compounding services, on-site immunizations and health screenings. Our family-friendly staff can flavor prescriptions for the kids and provide pet medications.
- Full-service Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, fresh sushi and poke bowls handmade in-store daily by Sushiya.
- Impressive full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortillería highlights a wide selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily, fresh tortillas, large varieties of decadent desserts, pastries and custom cakes.
- Full-service Floral Department with Floral Designer on-site to take care of all your special occasions.
- Your pets are our priority with an extensive variety of quality foods including fresh refrigerated selections.
- Made in-store sound good to you? Produce offers palate quenchers, including fresh squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole.
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none.