On Wednesday, Nov. 17, H-E-B will open its second store in Leander, H-E-B at Ronald Reagan Blvd. Spanning more than 103,000 square feet, Leander’s newest H-E-B at 19348 Ronald W. Reagan Blvd. in the new Bar W Marketplace, will feature an expansive product assortment and several convenient services customers come to expect from H-E-B. To commemorate this new location, H-E-B also made several community gifts to local nonprofits, including a surprise announcement to gift a severely wounded military Veteran a new, mortgage-free home.
The thoughtfully designed store will offer a world-class shopping experience with an emphasis on fresh, top-quality food options at H-E-B’s celebrated low prices. With expanded departments and offerings such as produce, dairy, and H-E-B Organics, other amenities include:
- H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, allowing customers to shop online and pick up orders at the store or schedule delivery to their homes
- Pharmacy with drive-thru
- Full-service Bakery and Tortilleria that offers a wide selection of artisan breads, fresh tortillas made in house, large varieties of decadent desserts, pastries, and cakes
- Expansive Deli featuring in-house roasted meats
- Wine and Beer department with a variety of local, national and international labels
- Wide selection of organic foods and expanded Healthy Living department
- Blooms floral area offering online ordering
- full-service meat market and seafood counter
- Meal Simple area with chef-inspired options for quick and simple meal planning
- Sushiya offering handmade sushi selections made in-store daily
- Texas Backyard, offering products for grilling, gardening and outdoor entertaining
- Business Center for financial services, licenses and permits, tickets to local attractions, lottery
- Fuel station and car wash
- Ample self-checkout area with self-checkout options
Through its Spirit of Giving philosophy, H-E-B is passionately dedicated to its customers beyond its stores. In this spirit, H-E-B celebrated the store’s grand opening by surprising U.S Army Sergeant Aaron Cabrera with with news he will receive a new, mortgage-free home, which will be built in Liberty Hill, TX. H-E-B in partnership with Operation Finally Home and Highland Homes surprised Cabrera and his family with the news.
Cabrera was born in Havana, Cuba, where both his father and grandfather were political prisoners. After his father’s release, the family moved to Venezuela and eventually sought political asylum in the United States, settling in Miami, FL. Cabrera served nearly nine years in the Army, including two combat tours in Iraq. He was severely injured during his first tour of duty. For his service, Cabrera has been recognized with a Purple Heart, a Combat Action Badge, an Iraq Campaign Medal with two stars, five Army Commendation Medals, two Army Good Conduct Medals and a Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, among other awards.
Cabrera is currently attending Austin Community College with the goal of becoming a music educator. He’s also founder and president of Diego’s Wish, a nonprofit that helps families with the loss of a child to suicide, and the co-founder and vice president of Warriors Within, a nonprofit providing free yoga and meditation classes to veterans.
Additionally, H-E-B gave a total of $30,000 in community gifts, which includes $7,500 each to Hill Country Community Ministries and Operation Liberty Hill, and $5,000 each to Leander Educational Excellence Foundations, Liberty Hill ISD Education Foundation, and Georgetown ISD Education Foundation.
H-E-B at Ronald Reagan Blvd. will be open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.