H-E-B officially started construction on its second H-E-B store planned for the DFW Metroplex, breaking ground at the site of a new store in Plano, which is set to open in Fall 2022.
At 111,000 square feet, the H-E-B store, the company’s flagship format, will showcase all the quality products and innovative services H-E-B customers have come to love and expect.
Along with a world class product assortment at H-E-B’s everyday low prices, the store will include a full-service H-E-B Pharmacy with drive-thru; Texas Backyard department, featuring outdoor essentials; and a True Texas BBQ restaurant with drive-thru, which was named best barbecue chain in Texas by Texas Monthly and a top barbecue chain in the nation by Thrillist. The store will also include H-E-B Curbside and Home Delivery, which will allow customers to place orders online for pickup at the store or delivery to the home. These exciting digital services will give customers choices on how they shop, pay for, and receive their products.
Additional store highlights include:
- Bakery featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes, and our famous in-store made, warm tortillas
- Deli department with expansive cheese selection
- Sushiya offering handmade sushi selections made in-store daily and an Asian grill with rice bowls, teriyaki and more
- H-E-B Meal Simple with fresh, convenient chef-inspired meals prepared in store
- Cooking Connection with live demonstrations and samplings for easy recipes to make at home
- Produce section with large organic and Texas-grown selections
- Meat market with Prime, natural, and organic meats, Wagyu, dry-age beef, and fully cooked options
- Blooms floral department offering online ordering and delivery service
- Large craft beer selection and sampling section
- As the largest wine retailer in Texas, the store will have an extensive wine section with sampling station
- Healthy Living department with bulk food items, sports nutrition products, and supplements
- Large frozen foods selection
- Beauty department with a wide selection of cosmetics and other beauty essentials
- Pet department featuring Heritage Ranch by H-E-B pet food and fun toys and treats for all your furry friend’s needs
- Household Essentials department with all you need to set your table, including seasonal disposable plates, bowls, and utensils, and Texas Tough brand including the Texas Tough value pack with all your storage bags in one easy-to-use box
Inside and out, H-E-B designed the store to reflect the character unique to the Plano community and emphasized environmental sustainability, incorporating several energy efficient inclusions such as CO2 refrigeration units and LED lighting. The site also features extensive native landscaping.
Earlier this year, H-E-B announced its plans to open H-E-B stores in Plano and Frisco. To kick-off the projects, H-E-B released details about the two stores this week at separate groundbreaking ceremonies. The Plano store will be located at the southwest corner of Preston Rd. and Spring Creek Parkway in Plano, and the Frisco store will be at the northeast corner of Legacy Dr. and Main St.
“H-E-B has a long history serving Texans, including more than 20 years in the DFW community, and we’re excited to expand on this commitment by providing more shopping options and job opportunities for Texans,” said Juan-Carlos Rück, H-E-B Executive Vice President, North West Food/Drug Division. “We’re committed to make this store a pillar for the city, and we look forward to providing an outstanding shopping experience with the best H-E-B has to offer.”
Building on H-E-B’s longstanding presence in the area with its Central Market stores, the move reinforces the retailer’s commitment to serve more customers in this dynamic and growing part of Texas. Regularly recognized as a top employer in the nation, H-E-B will offer positions that range from department managers to cashiers. H-E-B will post all job opportunities to the H-E-B Careers site in the coming months. It’s estimated that the Plano store will employ approximately 425 Partners (employees).
A proud Texas company, H-E-B’s presence in the Metroplex runs deep. As a multi-format retailer, H-E-B has served the broader community for two decades with its innovative Central Market stores, which were introduced to the DFW area in 2001 and serve customers in Dallas, Plano, Southlake, and Fort Worth. H-E-B stores also serve communities near the Metroplex including Burleson, Hudson Oaks, Granbury, and Waxahachie. Additionally, H-E-B’s fast and convenient Favor Delivery now serves 29 cities across the metro area.
“For years, we’ve had the privilege of having Central Market as great stewards in our community,” said Plano Mayor John Muns. “We look forward to expanding on this longstanding relationship as we welcome H-E-B, a company known for its steadfast commitment to Texas.”
Through its Spirit of Giving philosophy, H-E-B is passionately dedicated to its customers beyond its stores. In this spirit, H-E-B commemorated the two groundbreaking ceremonies with gifts totaling $100,000 to ten nonprofits in Plano and Frisco. In Plano, H-E-B gifted $10,000 each to Emily’s Place, My Friend’s House, Friday Nite Friends, The Storehouse, and North Texas Performing Arts. In Frisco, $10,000 donations went to VFW Post 8273, Frisco FastPacs, Frisco Family Services, Frisco Arts Foundation, and Boys & Girls Club Frisco. These donations build on H-E-B’s support of more than 100 non-profit organizations and public schools in the DFW Metroplex.
“For years, our company has worked closely with organizations doing important work that uplifts families and communities throughout the DFW Metroplex,” said Mabrie Jackson, H-E-B Director of Public Affairs. “With our Plano location, we look forward to continuing this commitment and serving our new neighbors.”
The largest privately held employer in Texas, H-E-B has more than 420 stores and 137,000 Partners in Texas and Mexico, and the retailer continues to be an economic driver as it expands in North Texas and other areas of the state.