H-E-B’s 63-year investment in Austin’s east side community is going deeper. The retailer’s plan for a complete wall-to-wall remodel of its store located at 2701 E 7th Street is underway with an expected completion midsummer.
Originally constructed in 1956 and remodeled in 1999, the 54,259 square-foot store will boast an expanded selection of local produce, a larger meat market with hand-cut selections, made in-store items like fresh guacamole and sushi, as well as the first of its kind H-E-B Blooms Flower Bar. The store will also offer home delivery services and a covered H-E-B Curbside pick-up area. Equipped with a fresh exterior, the new and improved store will allow customers to choose how to shop, pay for and receive their products. Whether it’s an in-store experience, picking up an online order, home delivery, or grabbing a meal on the go – this store will have it all.
“We’re proud of our 63-year history of serving shoppers and families in East Austin,” said Jeff Thomas, H-E-B Senior Vice President and General Manager, Central Texas Region. “Over the years, this community has grown and changed and is ready for a store that reflects its needs. We have thoughtfully re-imagined this store to do just that with added amenities, conveniences and an expanded variety of quality products at affordable prices. We look forward to inviting our customers to celebrate with us this summer when the store renovations are complete.”
H-E-B at East 7th will offer the full line of its popular H-E-B Meal Simple heat and eat options. Created with the highest quality ingredients, these family favorites are fresh, convenient, packed with flavor and ready to serve in minutes. With a range of options from grab and go salads to casseroles and entrees, a restaurant quality meal without the high cost of going out will soon be available in-store.
Also new to this store is H-E-B’s Curbside shopping service. A favorite throughout Austin, H-E-B Curbside is designed to save customers time while offering all the products available in-store with a dedicated covered Curbside pick-up area. Prefer home delivery? Customers will be able to have order delivered to their doorsteps through H-E-B Home Delivery and through a partnership with Favor.
LOCAL RESOURCE FOR FRESH SELECTIONS
H-E-B will continue as the affordable source of fresh, clean products and healthy options that fit any budget with its vast selection of H-E-B Organics and H-E-B select ingredients – a line of H-E-B products that excludes processed ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
Among its renovations, the store will incorporate new, special features tailored for the East Austin community, including:
- NEW AND FIRST OF ITS KIND H-E-B Blooms Floral bar, an interactive flower experience featuring seasonal designs of in-store created hand tied bouquets and arrangements ready for purchase. Customers can also create a bouquet from single stem and grower bunch flowers or let the H-E-B Blooms team create a custom bouquet while they shop
- Full-service Seafood department stocked with fresh fish and seafood, and handmade sushi selections offered in-store daily by Sushiya
- An expanded Butcher Shop offering larger selection of USDA Prime, natural, and organic meats that can be cut to order, as well as many fully cooked selections
- Fully-stocked Healthy Living department with bulk food items including nuts, grains, dried fruits and snack mixes. Fresh ground nut butters, a wide variety of supplements, kombucha and more will also be available
- The Wine and Beer Selection features more than 600 bottles of wine and 300 beers with an emphasis on Texas craft and hyper-local craft beers. Shoppers can also seek assistance from the dedicated wine steward on duty for the perfect pairing
- Expanded Showtime Offerings feature live demonstrations and daily samplings using quick and easy recipes that can be replicated at home
- Ready-to-eat and made-in-store items including freshly made guacamole and fresh-cut fruits and vegetables
- Remodeled Deli featuring a rotisserie to prepare in-house roasted meats, a variety of deli cheeses and specialty products
- Additional Pharmacy drive-thru lane with extended offerings in pharmacy including a patient education area, immunizations and other lab services
- Covered Texas Front Porch featuring pottery and ceramics, plants and seasonal foliage, as well as grills and patio furniture
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none – provided by over 200 H-E-B Partners including longtime store leaders: Top Store Leader Jeff Weirich, Store Leader Wail Mohamed and Assistant Store Leader Jamie Rivera