Today, H-E-B officially opened its new Oak Hill H-E-B store in southwest Austin. At 90,000 square feet, the new store on U.S. Highway 290 features an expansive product assortment and several convenient services customers have come to expect from H-E-B.
The new store at the SE corner of US Highway 290 and FM 1826, replaced the former Oak Hill store in the nearby Oak Hill neighborhood.
With an updated world-class shopping experience, the store offers fresh, quality food options and innovative services that allow customers to choose how they shop, pay for and receive their products. This includes the addition of a H-E-B Curbside, a digital service the company continues to rollout across Texas, which allow customers to place orders online for pickup at the store.
Along with this exciting new service, customers will find all the signature features and conveniences they expect from H-E-B, with many new and expanded product selections.
Highlights from the store include:
- H-E-B Curbside service allows customers to create a shopping list online and pick up their order at the store
- 24 check stands featuring self-checkout registers for quick customer service
- A large selection of craft and import beers and wines from around the world
- Pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru service
- A meat market offering over 300 feet of natural, quality meats and poultry.
- A fish market with a wide variety of fresh and sustainably caught seafood including wild-caught and farm-raised seafood
- A large selection of Dinner Tonight food offerings including sushi, Cooking Connection, Meal Simple for quick and simple meal planning
- A produce section with expanded organic and Texas-grown selections and a large assortment of fresh-cut, ready-to-serve fruits and vegetables
- An expansive deli serving a variety of meats and cheeses, rotisserie chicken, in-house roasted meats, charcuterie and a Mediterranean olive bar
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and Tortillería for fresh tortillas made in-house
- Blooms floral department with certified floral designers
- Texas Backyard showcases outdoor-living furniture, grills, plants and more
- An unique outdoor space with shaded playscape and picnic tables for families to enjoy
Through its Spirit of Giving philosophy, H-E-B is passionately dedicated to its customers beyond its stores. In this spirit, H-E-B will commemorate the store’s grand opening with a $5,000 gift to the Seton Foundation; $5,000 to TreeFolks; $2,000 each to Abiding Love Lutheran Church, Oak Hill First Baptist Church, Misión Cristiana Internacional/LIDS, Travis County Community Center at Oak Hill; and $1,000 each to Mills Elementary, Gorzycki Middle School, Oak Hill Elementary, Patton Elementary, and Small Middle School.
Emphasizing conservation efforts, the store’s design incorporates the look and feel of the surrounding neighborhoods and involves several environmental sustainability elements such as rainwater harvesting, water retention ponds as well as adherence to impervious cover regulations and compliance with all aquifer regulations. Provisions will be put in place for future a solar panel installation, as H-E-B maintains large solar installations across 23 of its Austin-area stores with good success.
As part of the grand opening celebration, H-E-B leaders dedicated the store’s opening to Ophie Garcia, H-E-B’s longest tenured store Partner. Joining H-E-B in 1965, Ophie started in a store in Harlingen. In 1988, she moved to the cosmetics department at the former Oak Hill store. After 56 years of service, she recently retired from H-E-B.